Every time that I plan to release new inventory of my Signature collection, I pull out my original paper sketches of the shoes...
I have several physical pairs of the shoes from the previous collections but it's just something about deciding the new colors and materials by looking at the paper sketches. It excites me all over again and just opens up my creative flow.
Also for the record, I didn't actually draw these sketches or any of my sketches. I've shared before on my social media but in case you might not know: I can't draw well to save my life, lol! So this is what I do to get an idea from out of my head to getting an actual shoe made.
1) I try to draw as much as I can of significant details of the design onto paper. I might do this in the margins of notebooks, napkins, receipts, envelopes, basically whatever I can get my hands on at that moment.
2) I write detailed design information into the notes section of my phone. I describe everything down to the smallest details.
3) Then I find someone that sketches designs and relay the information to that person. This process can go on for days, basically until I feel the sketch is the exact vision that I picture in my head.
4) After I get the perfect sketch, I then relay it to my factory and we fine-tooth all of the technical details and do a more technical design with all of the measurements and materials.
5) Once everything is decided and finalized then my design is created into a BC shoe!
So those are my steps that I take in order to make my ideas actual shoes. I really love the creative process of my business so much. I get so excited picking out heels, leathers, and colors. I truly love what I do and do what I love!
Just my thoughts ;)